Patriot in Philippi, WV

Welcome to JeepinWV.com
WV_Patriot
Newb
Vehicle: 2008 Jeep Patriot FDII

Patriot in Philippi, WV

Post by WV_Patriot » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:42 am

Hello all. My name is Ross and I live in Philippi, WV. I am around I think 24 years old. I have been married for now going on five to six years. I have three year old daughter and an one year old son.

Since the introduction of the Jeep Patriot back in 2007 I have wanted one. You can ask the wife. So, when my Ford Ranger (my first vehicle) started to have problems. I started up my search for a new/used car. I looked at Jeeps and Fords. Even Chevy, yuck! lol

So, to sum up the story I found a 08 Jeep Patriot FDII in Kingwood, WV. It was new and it was FDII. I went to the dealer and the jerks left early. I went back and buy it the next week.

The only thing I wish she had was a towing pack. Plus, if I could change something it would be to change it for white to green. But I do love my Patriot. It is a great Jeep. I have put almost 37,000 miles on it. Still no problems.

Been looking for trails locally, but I don't know anyone to ask. So, I joined here to find some. I am a current member of jeeppatriot.com.

Currently, thinking about a lift and rock rails. I also have plans to make a front and rear brush guard with a wrench.

Well, thanks for reading and sorry that it is a bit long and somewhat boring.
Ross
Trail Rated 2008 FDII White Patriot

Current Mods: Yokohama GEOLANDAR A/T-S 225/70R17

Future Mods: hitch, roof rack, off-road lights, possible front and rear bumper

chris25320
Memorial Member
Vehicle: 1995 2 Door 5 Speed XJ

Re: Patriot in Philippi, WV

Post by chris25320 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:23 am

welcome to the forum! nice patriot
unknown year xj, parts Jeep.
1995 XJ 4.0 2 door 5 spd. 4.5 lift. - Parts Jeep.
1995 XJ 4.0 2 door 5 spd. - current project.
1993 YJ, 4.6 stroker, 5 spd.- Sold
1988 Xj - Sold
1976 CJ5 - Sold.
1998 XJ 4.0 auto 6.5 rc lift - Sold.
1994 XJ 4.0 - Sold.

cobb
Lifted Poster
Vehicle: 1994 Zj

Post by cobb » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:26 am

Hello and welcome to the site!
97 Xj with super rails and mud tires...
10 Toyota Corolla S, 5spd....

prchrman
Lifetime Member

Post by prchrman » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:39 am

welcome
what is FDII?
2004 LJ w/coil spacers, scratches, dents, 34x10.50 LTBs JKS mml, bl undercoverfab tt skid
4.88's stay trail hungry

SLACKER
Lifted Poster
Vehicle: 1997 TJ

Post by SLACKER » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:27 am

welcome
STUFF HAPPENS DONT BELIEVE ME ASK THE DINOSAURS
1997 TJ HIGHLINED 35IN KM2s 4.88s LSD front and rear <---- all around pretty bad buttocks
Ive got that jeep thing....now it burns when i pee

WV_Patriot
Newb

Post by WV_Patriot » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:34 am

prchrman wrote:welcome
what is FDII?
Freedom-Drive II™ - FDII
An electronically controlled coupling, which is attached to the rear differential, is the heart of the Freedom Drive II system. The electronic control module processes signals from the wheel speed sensors and the accelerator pedal to determine how much torque to transfer to the rear wheels, then sends an electrical current to the ECC that is proportional to the amount of torque required. Recommended for true off-road situations including steep grades, wheel lift and rock or log climbing, the Freedom Drive II Off-Road Package includes a second-generation continuously variable transaxle with a 19:1 crawl ratio (CVT2L) that engages when the off-road mode is activated.

This package includes:

140-Amp Alternator
Engine Oil Cooler
Trailer Tow Wiring Harness
Full-Size Spare Tire
4-Wheel Drive Off-Road Mode
All Season Front and Rear Floor Mats
Brake Lock Differential
Fuel Tank Skid Plate Shield
Goodyear® Brand Tires
Hill Descent Control - Can suck at times
Hill Start Assist
P215/65R17 OWL All Terrain Tires - They suck
Tow Hooks
"Trail Rated" ™ Badge
Transmission / Engine Oil Pan Skid Plate

How the ESP Works-

FOUR WHEEL DRIVE OPERATION
This feature provides full time, on-demand, Four Wheel Drive (4WD). Where one or more wheels have wheel spin or if additional traction is needed in sand, deep snow, or loose traction surfaces, activate the 4WD LOCK switch by pulling up once and releasing. This locks the center coupling allowing more torque to be sent to the rear wheels. The amber "4WD Indicator Light” will come on in the cluster. This can be done on the fly, at any vehicle speed.

To deactivate, simply pull on the switch one more time. The "4WD Indicator Light” will then go out.

NOTE: Refer to ”ESP (Electronic Stability Program) in the “Electronic Brake Control System” section of this manual for additional information.

ESP 4WD Operating Modes - 4WD Models Only
All 4WD equipped vehicles can also choose the following ESP operating modes:

ESP ON
This is the normal operating mode for ESP. Whenever the vehicle is started the ESP system will be in this mode. This mode should be used for almost all driving situations. ESP should only be turned to “Partial Off” or “ESP Off” for specific reasons as noted below.

PARTIAL ESP
This mode is entered by momentarily depressing the “ESP Control Switch”. When in “Partial Off” mode, the TCS portion of ESP, except for the “limited slip” feature described in the TCS section, has been disabled and the “ESP/TCS Indicator Light” will be illuminated. All other stability features of ESP function normally, with the exception of engine power reduction. This mode is intended to be used if the vehicle is in deep snow, sand or gravel conditions and more wheel spin than ESP would normally allow is required to gain traction. To turn ESP on again, momentarily depress the “ESP Control Switch”. This will restore the normal “ESP On” mode of operation.

ESP OFF
This mode is intended for off-highway or off-road use when ESP stability features could inhibit vehicle maneuverability due to trail conditions. This mode is entered by depressing and holding the “ESP Control Switch” for 5 seconds when the vehicle is stopped and the engine is running. After 5 seconds, the “ESP/TCS Indicator Light” will illuminate and the “ESP Off” message will appear in the odometer. Press and release the trip odometer button located on the instrument cluster to clear this message. In this mode, ESP and TCS, except for the “limited slip” feature described in the TCS section, are turned off until the vehicle reaches a speed of 35 mph (56 km/h).

At 35 mph (56 km/h) the normal ESP stability function returns with the exception of engine power reduction. TCS remains off. When the vehicle speed drops below 30 mph (48 km/h) the ESP system shuts off. ESP is off at low vehicle speeds so that it will not interfere with off-road driving but ESP function returns to provide the stability feature at speeds above 35 mph (56 km/h).

The “ESP/TCS Indicator Light” will always be illuminated when ESP is off. To turn ESP on again, momentarily depress the “ESP Control Switch”. This will restore the normal “ESP On” mode of operation.

WARNING!
In the Partial ESP mode, the engine torque reduction and stability features are desensitized. Therefore, the enhanced vehicle stability offered by ESP is unavailable.

NOTE: To improve the vehicle’s traction when driving with snow chains, or starting off in deep snow, sand or gravel, it may be desirable to switch to the “Partial Off” mode by pressing the ESP switch. Once the situation requiring ESP to be switched to the “Partial Off” mode is overcome, turn ESP back on by momentarily depressing the “ESP Control Switch”. This may be done while the vehicle is in motion.

I hope that answers your question. It is just the version of transmission I have compared to the FDI and manual.

WV_Patriot
Newb

Post by WV_Patriot » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:37 am

Hello and thank you. Just to add I am from Wheeling, WV. Anyone else here from Phillippi or Wheeling.

TJinWV
Lifetime Member
Vehicle: 2006 TJ

Post by TJinWV » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:58 am

Welcome. Don't see many Patriots on the trails (by 'many' I actually mean 'any'). :)

We had one for a year or so - Sunburst orange. :) It was FDI, though. We added a hidden hitch (I think). Also had the Rocky Road 2" lift. Honestly it shoulda come that height from the factory. I read the 2011s are an inch taller, so they're moving in the right direction. We ran I think 235x70R16 Hercules Terra Trac A/Ts.

Here are a few shots of ours: http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d74/TJinWV/Patriot/ The pictures with RWL tires are post-lift.
Dan - TJinWV <><
2002 TJ, 2" OME lift, ARBs

.ɹǝʌo ǝɯ 11oɹ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

prchrman
Lifetime Member

Post by prchrman » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:06 pm

nice explanation thanks
2004 LJ w/coil spacers, scratches, dents, 34x10.50 LTBs JKS mml, bl undercoverfab tt skid
4.88's stay trail hungry

Cowboy80CJ5
Bullet Proof
Vehicle: Buggy in the making!

Post by Cowboy80CJ5 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:03 pm

So.....what kind of wrench are you going to use to make your bumpers?
"Some people are like slinkies....they are good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"

Not A Poser Custom Fabrication LLC
Sutton, WV 26601
304-701-7826

thamric
Lifted Poster
Vehicle: 1974 CJ5, 2011 Silverado,

Post by thamric » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:08 pm

Cowboy80CJ5 wrote:So.....what kind of wrench are you going to use to make your bumpers?
:lol:
1974 CJ5, 3" lift, 34" LTB Swampers, 304 V8, T18
2009 Chevy Traverse
2011 Silverado

narnwv
Site Admin
Vehicle: 2000 WJ v8

Post by narnwv » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:29 pm

Cowboy80CJ5 wrote:So.....what kind of wrench are you going to use to make your bumpers?
I'm sure he meant winch.....
~Aaron
J-rod wrote:When a good driver and good spotter join up magic happens.
It's ok to mix apples and oranges, so long as they're wired in series with a banana between them.

wharthog69
WVJC Member
Vehicle: 2008 JK

Post by wharthog69 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:57 pm

helloooooooooooooooooo. Nice Jeep - my brother is Jones'n for one of those in a bad way

Cowboy80CJ5
Bullet Proof
Vehicle: Buggy in the making!

Post by Cowboy80CJ5 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:46 pm

narnwv wrote:
I'm sure he meant winch.....

nooooooooo............ :o
"Some people are like slinkies....they are good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"

Not A Poser Custom Fabrication LLC
Sutton, WV 26601
304-701-7826

mudslutjeep
Curb Crawler
Vehicle: tj on KM2 35s

Post by mudslutjeep » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:11 am

hello and welcome!
JEEPIN'== Cheaper than therapy!