SEAT BELT INDICATOR DRIVING ME CRAZY

Anything concerning your jeep... Repairs, parts, etc
swish
Newb

SEAT BELT INDICATOR DRIVING ME CRAZY

Post by swish » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:51 pm

Anyone know how to disable the seat belt dinger on an 07 jk. i want to make sure the air bags still deploy if needed. by the way, i do wear my belt just not 100% of the time. thanks. -b-

Jayme
Lifted Poster

Re: SEAT BELT INDICATOR DRIVING ME CRAZY

Post by Jayme » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:16 pm

The Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) can be enabled
or disabled by your authorized dealer or by
following these steps:

NOTE: The following steps must occur within the first 60 seconds of the ignition switch being turned to the ON or START position. The manufacturer does not recommend deactivating the Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert).

1. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, and buckle the driver or front passenger seat belt.

2. Turn the ignition key to the ACCESSORY/RUN position (engine does not need to be running), and wait for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn off.

3. Within 60 seconds of starting the vehicle, unbuckle and then re-buckle the driver or front passenger seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending with the seat belt buckled.

4. Turn the ignition key to the OFF position. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.
The Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) can be reactivated by repeating this procedure.

NOTE: Although the Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) has been deactivated, the Seat Belt Warning Light will continue to illuminate while the driver’s seat belt remains unfastened.

Tin Badge
Post Whore

Post by Tin Badge » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:22 pm

You could also go to the junkyard and find a totaled one and cut off the buckle and just put it in the catch and when you need to actually put it on remove it and put yours in. :)
If its not broken then lets take it apart and lose some of the pieces and then it will be.
01 XJ 4.0 d30/d35, 3.55 Old Man EMU 2.5 kit, Goodyear MT/R Kevlar 31X10.50X15's on TJ Ravines. That pretty much it.

Jayme
Lifted Poster

Post by Jayme » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:31 pm

That will work also, never thought of that.

skmjeep
Rookie

Post by skmjeep » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:48 am

Just a crazy thought but it might be wise to wear the seatbelt. again just a thought :D :D :D
03 Red TJ 6" Fabtech LA, 35 MTR's, Ramsey winch, A to Z rockers, JFL Front and Rear Bumpers 4.88 gears with Auburn e-locks coming soon

Millersjeep

Post by Millersjeep » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:59 am

^^^^^for sure would listen to "skmjeep" he knows what he speaks^^^^^^........hows it gone Shawn....see you ever once in a while passing on the road.....not sure you remember us.......D & H

tjpieces
Curb Crawler

Post by tjpieces » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:05 am

skmjeep wrote:Just a crazy thought but it might be wise to wear the seatbelt. again just a thought :D :D :D
X2
""Paddle faster.....I hear banjos""

TrueBlueXJ
WVJC Graphics Designer
Vehicle: Jeepless

Post by TrueBlueXJ » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:34 am

Just wear the dang thing. Not cuz "the man" tells you to, but because it's common @#$%ing sense. :tard:

My dad didn't wear his until he got hit by a drunk driver on his way to night shift at the coal mines. The windshield scalped him like an angry Apache, and he bit his tongue in half.

Just food for thought.
Cannibal's Cave: http://cannibalwv.tumblr.com/ | The makings of a turd: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=24679

jleadmon
Post Whore
Vehicle: 2008 JKU Sahara

Post by jleadmon » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:13 pm

I'm a supporter of the seat belt... especially running around with the doors off. Safety and don't have to worry about tickets..
2001 TJ, nothing left factory... SOLD
2008 JKU Sahara: Steel Blue, 6-Speed, 2" Lift, and some little things.

I'm starting alllll over...

LS1Jeeper
Bullet Proof

Post by LS1Jeeper » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:47 pm

tjpieces wrote:
skmjeep wrote:Just a crazy thought but it might be wise to wear the seatbelt. again just a thought :D :D :D
X2

The safest place to be is inside when you crash.

Tin Badge
Post Whore

Post by Tin Badge » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:18 pm

LS1Jeeper wrote:
tjpieces wrote:
X2

The safest place to be is inside when you crash.
The Safest place I have ever been when I crashed is when I pull the emergency release handle on my recliner and settle in :lol:
If its not broken then lets take it apart and lose some of the pieces and then it will be.
01 XJ 4.0 d30/d35, 3.55 Old Man EMU 2.5 kit, Goodyear MT/R Kevlar 31X10.50X15's on TJ Ravines. That pretty much it.

LS1Jeeper
Bullet Proof

Post by LS1Jeeper » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:43 pm

haha SAMF ..

swish
Newb

Post by swish » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:45 pm

thanks for the info. i agree that belt use is very important. i do wear my belt on the roads, just not on my property.