Branson 5220R Tractor (experience, thoughts, advise?)

Any technical talk for other vehicles goes here
SLADE
Post Whore

Re: Branson 5220R Tractor (experience, thoughts, advise?)

Post by SLADE » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:52 pm

I'm still shopping.

I'm even considering going Orange or Green... Maybe a used one. I need to finalize a few other things first.
2014 Wrangler Unlimited
2013 Wrangler
2004 Wrangler
2001 Dodge Ram 2500

jopickens
Locked and Loaded
Vehicle: Ramcharger

Post by jopickens » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:47 pm

It's funny how most Orange and Green owners drink the cult tractor/equipment coolaid. Don't get me wrong... I am very happy with my L3400HST. I just can't believe it/they are 'that' much better than brand X or Y or Z... I don't think I've ever talked to a Kubota owner and heard anything but praise. You'd think... every once in a while, you'd get the "it's a POS... blah blah" story... 8-)
Neighbor on my right has two Masseys and a Mahindra - Neighbor on the left has mostly green, couple older david browns and an international or two... They are both afraid of that Japanese engineering. ;)
Shortened, Doved, Bobbed, Stretched, Tucked, etc.
pirate4x4 build thread...
WARNING: my posts are typically of zero value...

SLADE
Post Whore

Post by SLADE » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:06 pm

I'm really getting impartial to all the manufacturers. ALL of them are pieced together from parts from all around the world. In my searching, Ive found parts made by company "X" or "Y" for John Deere. Ran across problems with a certain Green model braking front axle housings. One of the off brand manufacturers made diesel motors for Cummins (which is most likley the same motor used in their tractor but lacks the "Cummins" badging).

It's probly going to come down to 3 things for me. Operating comfort/features, availability of dealers/parts, and price/financing/incentives.

I'll be checking out Kubota, Deere, and Branson again before I buy.
2014 Wrangler Unlimited
2013 Wrangler
2004 Wrangler
2001 Dodge Ram 2500

nitecop
Bullet Proof

Post by nitecop » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:32 am

ridgerunner97 wrote: ..... This is my two sense, I deal with equipment like that every day, i'd buy a used older tractor of that size and you can get more bang for your buck. I.E. good parts support, proven performance etc. I'm not a brand hooker when it comes to equipment i've run alot of different makes and models. If you could find an older Ford 2120 Diesel in 4wd you'd be a happy camper. We have one at work with 9800hrs on it and its my favorite of the bunch we have, JD's, Kubota's, etc. I pick that one for the hard work in rough terrain. 3spd on the column, plus 4 sub ranges, plus a creeper box so you effectively get 24 forward gears and 8 reverse gears. 4cyl diesel no turbo all mechanical. Dirt simple to work on, twin hydraulic rear remotes for attachments like a log grapple for instance or something else its a sweet ride for bein from the late 80s-early 90s. With turf balloon tires on it and about 400lbs of counterweight on the front the wheelbase and width makes it capable of some serious sidehill grades and climbing ability. We've climbed over 45* no problem while brush hogging, also has a locking differential in the rear if you need it...
I agree on this 1000%

My last tractor draggd many logs, pulled a 6 foot bush hog, a 5 foor tiller, and graded the road few times. It was a 640 Ford with about 33HP and 2WD(built about 1956). THey have Exellent parts support , although its doubtful one would need it.
Real men don't wear Bowties

99 TJ Sahara 4.0 5-Sp Trail Rider
06 LJ 4.0L six speed My DD
90 XJ Project F-XJ (Ford-eXtreme-Jeep!!)
94 F700 U-RV RV+Tow rig 5.9Lcummins /6 sp
77 F150 351M4x4 not stock 4-Sp (farm/Tow Mule)