Remembering Ace

prchrman
Lifetime Member

Re: Remembering Ace

Post by prchrman » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:47 pm

i didnt know that dan...lol, he was a character
2004 LJ w/coil spacers, scratches, dents, 34x10.50 LTBs JKS mml, bl undercoverfab tt skid
4.88's stay trail hungry

wvguyinajeep
Rookie

Post by wvguyinajeep » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:08 pm

I think I met Pete (and Dan) at that very first Snowshoe Jeep Jamboree. We ended up on the same trail together one of the days. Definitely have a lot of fond memories of jeeping with Pete - at Snowshoe each of the years and many club rides. He was certainly a great guy who really enjoyed the sport of jeeping, and was quick to lend a hand when needed and help out everyone he could. He'll definitely be missed.

tupton
Post Whore
Vehicle: 2006 Chevy Silverado

Post by tupton » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:37 pm

Lol at "tree fiddy!"

toyonka
Newb

Post by toyonka » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:07 pm

Wow..So sorry. Judy are prayers are with you. He will be missed.
1997 FZJ80 Landcruiser 3 in, Trxus MT 35's, ARB's , 4.88 gears, XRC 8000,...
2004 4Runner Stock, 3rd row seating.
2004 VW Jetta 1.8T Leather, 5 Speed, Turbo...
1979 FJ40 Landcruiser (Sold) what was I thinking

01amberfirewv
Bullet Proof
Vehicle: 2001 TJ, lifted, locked and...

Post by 01amberfirewv » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:56 am

A few pics I found

Locked, lifted and armored TJ,

E46 BMW 330i, M3 CSL's, Magnaflow, tinted windows, clear corners, black grills

Ford Flex SEL AWD, tinted windows, Thule rack system

Rocket
Rookie
Vehicle: 97 Wrangler, 00 Ford Mustang

Post by Rocket » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:55 am

Pete and Dan were the two biggest driving forces behind me getting into Jeeping. Pete was always extremely helpful, providing tips, guidance, and parts. My Jeep is still running some springs and shocks he gave me.

He was always great about joking with people in a way that was funny to everyone and did not hurt anyone's feelings. In the first picture below, during my first off-road driving experience, he found a small tire floating by. At the time, my Jeep had 4 31" MT Baja Claws and a little, crappy Goodyear GSA for a spare. Pete held the tire up and yelled, "Hey Mike, I found you another spare!" :) He would also give Jeff, another friend and co-worker, a hard time about the body lift on his Jeep, saying he needed to junk it and get a "real lift." :) Then there was the time Pete, Judy, Dan (and family), and myself set up a trail run at Fort Hill. I asked everyone to wait a little longer in the day so I could watch one of the Batman movies in the theater first. Once we did hit the trails, a huge storm passed through, making everything a muddy mess and things very difficult. Pete and Judy would both love to bring that up and give me a hard time. :)

Pete, you will truly be missed.

1997 Wrangler Sport (Emerald Green)
31" MTZs, Rubicon shocks and rear springs, Grand Cherokee V8 front springs, POS fender flares, winch, rocker guards, gas tank skid plate, open-open

Dook
Bullet Proof

Post by Dook » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:28 pm

I remember the day we did Petes tri link rear thing and his SYE and all that at his old place in Pinchgut Hollow... He was always so kind to me.

TJinWV
Lifetime Member
Vehicle: 2006 TJ

Post by TJinWV » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:47 pm

Judy's nephew Dylan made this photo montage, and it was playing at the visitation today. He gave me a copy to share with the site.
Last edited by TJinWV on Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Video removed at the request of the family
Dan - TJinWV <><
2002 TJ, 2" OME lift, ARBs

.ɹǝʌo ǝɯ 11oɹ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

CKjeeper18
Rookie

Post by CKjeeper18 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:10 pm

It's definitely been a long time since I was on here.... and just as long since I've actually owned a jeep. I saw this thread on facebook and decided I would try and see if my login still worked. I can't seem to find any pics of Pete but I know they're definitely around somewhere. Pete was one of the first people I met on here as well as at the meet and greets. I will always remember his kindness and will to always want to help out others who were just getting started to jeepin'. I couldn't thank him enough for the countless times he helped me out in a pinch when I had problems with my jeep and when "I thought I was having problems" with my jeep. He will sadly be missed by all were fortunate enough to meet him.
Cam (Ckjeeper18)
97' TJ w/ stuff.....SOLD
06' VW Passat turbo
Wishing for a another jeep...

One Ton Swamper
Post Whore
Vehicle: 2015 Challenger Scat Pack

Post by One Ton Swamper » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:16 pm

Judy, prayers go out to you & your family!

RIP Pete

Standing 112 miles from the best wheeling in WV.

RAMaJEEP
Bullet Proof
Vehicle: yj with gears and lockers

Post by RAMaJEEP » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:24 am

pictures 2-5 are the ones i was talking about at fort hill.
YJ 4.56s lockers 36" iroks
1997 ex cab cummins 12v 5spd 78k original miles

prchrman
Lifetime Member

Post by prchrman » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:48 pm

What can one say about Pete, except ty
Pete has been described as a nice guy, a friendly outgoing nice guy. He had an infectious smile. And a sense of humor that was funny but never hurt anyone..he would laugh and joke but did so in a way that wan not meant to hurt others…picking up a small toy tire and telling a jeeper he had found their spare.

Thanks Pete

He would do anything for anyone. Directions and instructions on the trail. Gifts for the kids after childrens sermon (that’s where the silly putty came from). Jeep Parts. Work on your jeep with you…after I broke mine once, he came back from a trip on Friday night and showed up early on Saturday to get mine fixed. He helped several put lifts on thiers.

Thanks Pete

He loved the WVJC, was one of the founders and early board members. Many people said he was one of the first jeepers they met. And friendships were formed. He promoted, had its best interest in mind, invited, welcomed, provided tips and guidance, spare parts, he loved the sport.

Thanks Pete

He was one of the first people I met as part of the club. He took to me right away, not knowing what the next 7 years would bring.

Thanks a lot Pete

He loved (in no particular order) hunting and fishing, (though I think he like hunting and fishing camp more than the actual hunting and fishing), his family, his grandchildren. I know he loved you Judy.

Thanks for your love Pete

He loved the army and his country which he served. He even thought about reenlisting at the age of forty. He loved his army buddies and remained in contact with many of them. He served in the national guard during Bosnia and was there a while.

Thanks for your service Pete

He loved his Scottish heritage, making a trip a couple years ago to Scotland, leaving tree fiddy for the loch ness monster.
I met pete in 2005. Went on many a wheeling trip with him over the next three years.

Thanks for the rides Pete

In 2006 we put a lift on Glenns jeep, then one on his jeep (or the other way around), anyway, that’s how I met most of the rest of you…

thanks a lot Pete

He was a friend. If he saw you out he would say hi. He offered his couch to tom from Charleston every football season, saying if he ever needed a place to crash on the way to Morgantown or back he was welcomed. That was Pete

Thanks for your friendship Pete

Pete got involved at Valley Chapel in 2008 or so, becoming a member, helping us set up wireless internet, and a new computer there.

Thanks Pete

Lots of good times on the trail…Lost run, where I understand He and Judy spent some together time alone lol…Fort hill…where he found creative ways to get stuck. On one trip he got a flat, got stuck and had a flat spare…and judy got to pull his jeep out of a hole. On one of the lost run rides we lost an xterra…that’s when I got to know Judy, I think we were talking and actually missed the accident when it happened. The trip to the river, a half mile trail that took 10 of us 3 ½ hours to complete and we measured a mile and ahalf…

Thanks for the memories Pete

Pete came to me one day and said remember when at snowshoe you said…well, I know you didn’t mean it this way but I am in love with Judy, and I want to marry her, will you do the wedding? Of course I said yes. I tride talking them into a trail wedding, but the next best thing was a wedding followed by a trail ride, then a couple anniversary rids…

Thanks Pete for letting me be part of your life and for being part of mine

When he was good he was a good son, husband, friend, grandfather, parishioner, club member, worker, remember that goodness, those good times, and say

Thanks Pete

Remember his smile and laugh, remember the time preciously shared together and remember to say

Thanks Pete

For all of us, those here and those not, thanks Pete, we love you. You have left each of us with a piece of you. Thanks for the time we spent together. Until we meet again rest in peace

Oh, and thanks a lot Pete.
2004 LJ w/coil spacers, scratches, dents, 34x10.50 LTBs JKS mml, bl undercoverfab tt skid
4.88's stay trail hungry

Bev
Lifted Poster
Vehicle: 02 TJ X, Sportage, Rzr 800S

Post by Bev » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:34 pm

Beautiful tributes to Pete.

91JEEPNUT
Newb

Post by 91JEEPNUT » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:48 pm

Pete will be missed we had good times on and off the trail

Gary
91 YJ, 4" lift, 33x12.50 M/T, Warn M8000, Home made bumpers, 350 Chevy with 5 spd, ford 8.8 with locker and disc brakes, more to come

RubiJudy
Locked and Loaded
Vehicle: 2004 Jeep Rubicon

Post by RubiJudy » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:30 am

Thank you all for your sharing your memories of Pete and all of your kind words, thoughts and prayers. Our time together ended way to soon, but I am thankful for the time that we shared and especially the club. WVJC was where we met, shared good times with great people.

I would also like to thank you for the beautful flowers from the club and everyone who came to the visitation and funeral. I know he was smiling with the Jeeps in the procession.

Special thank you to Chris for being there for me and driving me in my Jeep to the cemetary and the kind words of rememberence.

Dylan Cain for his awesome tribute to his "Uncle Pete"

And to Jarod and crew who offered to fix my Jeep for me without hesitation that I will be seeing in a few hours.

I hope I haven't missed anyone or anything. It has been a very hard week and I am sure more to come. But I am looking forward to some Jeepin Therapy!

Once again.....Thank you ALL!!

Judy :cry:
Some women wear red hats.....but I DRIVE THIS!